Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com> on 2015/04/01 02:01:00 UTC

Issue ? :Stratos 4.1 - nested grouping with startup dependency, not all cartridge instances are coming up

Hi,

I run a nested grouping scenario with startup dependencies (see also attached artifacts):
Top level group /  application: 1 cartridge which depends on nested group ~G2 to start up
~G2 group: 1 cartridge which depends on nested group ~G3 to start up
~G3 group: cartridge c3, no dependency

Only the bottom group (~G3) cartridge (c3) starts up and becomes active. I reviewed the artifacts and as far as I can tell they seem to be correct ?!

Please see attached logs and artifacts,

Thanks

Martin

Re: Issue ? :Stratos 4.1 - nested grouping with startup dependency, not all cartridge instances are coming up

Posted by Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <an...@wso2.com>.
Hi Martin,

There are following issues with the artifacts.

1. cartridge-group.json - Group alias names in the startup order section is
incorrect.

> *"startupOrders": [          "group.n-st-G3,cartridge.c2-1x0"        ]*

2. application.json - application alias and group alias cannot be the same.

> *{*
> *  "alias": "s-n-gr-s-G123-app",*
> *  "applicationId": "s-n-gr-s-G123",*
> *  "components": {*
> *    "cartridges": [],*
> *    "groups": [*
> *      {*
> *        "name": "s-n-gr-s-G123",*
> *        "groupMaxInstances": 1,*
> *        "groupMinInstances": 1,**        "alias": "s-n-gr-s-G123-group",*

I have fixed the artifacts and now it is working.
Please find attachment of the corrected artifacts.

--
*Thanks and Regards,*
Anuruddha Lanka Liyanarachchi