Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de> on 2006/02/09 16:05:12 UTC

Adding binary version to a tag

Hi,

in the "Avoid .svn" thread some people wrote that they add compiled
binaries to tags after creating the tag. What's the simplest way to do that?

If I do a 'svn copy .../trunk .../tags/1.1' and have a compiled.exe
somewhere on my disk, how do I get it into tags/1.1 without checking out
the complete folder? Or am I understanding something wrong?

regards,

Achim

Re: Adding binary version to a tag

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ul...@tuxator.satorlaser-intern.com>.
On Thursday 09 February 2006 17:05, Achim Domma wrote:
> in the "Avoid .svn" thread some people wrote that they add compiled
> binaries to tags after creating the tag. What's the simplest way to do
> that?
>
> If I do a 'svn copy .../trunk .../tags/1.1' and have a compiled.exe
> somewhere on my disk, how do I get it into tags/1.1 without checking out
> the complete folder? Or am I understanding something wrong?

I'd say it's part of quality assurance that you first check out the folder
freshly, compile it and test it. After all, what if you had a file in your
devel folder that you just forgot to add? Also, I usually make some final
adjustment (removing the 'dev' tag from the version) before finally baking
the release.

Uli

RE: Adding binary version to a tag

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be>.
Achim,

you can use svn import like this:

svn import /path/to/executable/ http://svnserver.com/svn/tags/1.1/ -m
"Importing binaries"

This imports all files in the /path/to/executable/ folder directly in the
repository, without the need for a working copy.

Lieven.