Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by webtekie <we...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/14 15:47:21 UTC

question about Tapestry Bucket Brigade pattern

Sorry if these question is very simple, but I am new to whole Tapestry...

I asked about this before, but while implementing have some problems.
This is the method I have in my main class:

public void selectColor(IRequestCycle cycle){
String colors = getColorsList();
ColorsResult page = (ColorsResult)cycle.getPage("ColorsResult");
page.setColors(colors);
cycle.activate(page);
}

Then I describe ColorsResult:

package cc;

import org.apache.tapestry.IRequestCycle;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageEvent;
import org.apache.tapestry.event.PageRenderListener;
import org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage;

public abstract class ColorsResult extends BasePage{
public abstract void setColors(String[] colors);
}

Now, I created ColorsResult.page:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
"-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
"http://jakatra.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestr_3_0.dtd">

<page-specification class="cc.ColorResult">
<property-specification name="colors" type="java.lang.String"/>
</page-specification>

But when I compile my main class with method selectColor(), I get error:

Color.java:36: error: Type `ColorsResult' not found in the declaration of
the local variable `page'.
ColorsResult page = (ColorsResult)cycle.getPage("ColorsResult");

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
webtekie