Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/10/18 14:35:02 UTC

new committer: Gavin Lee

The Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC) for Apache CloudStack
has asked Gavin Lee to become a committer and we are pleased to
announce that they have accepted.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should
enable better productivity.

Please join me in congratulating Gavin

--David
on behalf of the CloudStack PPMC

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Well, the header uses the Apache CloudStack logo by itself. To me this
indicates, along with the domain name used, that this is an official Apache
CloudStack website. I would be more comfortable if the header clearly
indicated the nature of the site. Perhaps if you had a name for your
website that wasn't just "CloudStack China". That to me indicates that this
is an official offshoot of the Apache CloudStack project. A better name
might be "X for Apache CloudStack" where X could be "Intro" or "Guide" or
whatever. Consider the difference between "CloudStack Foo" and "Foo for
Apache CloudStack". At the moment your header indicates just "CloudStack",
which is problematic. A standard disclaimer would be good too. Maybe you
already have one? I can't read Chinese. The rest of the issues seem
secondary to sorting out the name and logo of this site, and making sure
that it communicates the relationship properly.

--
NS

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
I should have linked you to this resource too:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

That covers this in a more broader sense.

--
NS

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
This is great, Gavin. Thank you! (Sorry for the late response.)

--
NS

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Noah

--
Gavin

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noah,

--
Gavin

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Gavin,

--
NS

Re: new committer: Gavin Lee

Posted by prasanna <ts...@apache.org>.
On 18 October 2012 20:13, Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys.
> I'm so pleased and honored, I wish I could make more contribution to
> the community.
> Meanwhile, I created and maintained http://www.cloudstack-china.org
> for Chinese guys who want to know CS better.
> We also setup tech salon periodically in Major city all over China,
> just finished one in Beijing today :-)
>
> In current stage, I'll focus on documentation and bug fixing, I really
> enjoy this work and glad to be here with you all.

Congratulations Gavin! Great site you have there - I already found
something useful
http://www.cloudstack-china.org/2012/09/476.html :)

Cheers,

RE: new committer: Gavin Lee