Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew2008 <ki...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/13 20:55:43 UTC

[users@httpd] XML/XLS filtering

My application sent content via XML and reformat via XSL to get HTML.  It
also has javascript for dynamic menu.  Right now it does not have render
correctly on the UI. There's no formatting at all, just text. Maybe apache
is filtering something out.  Can you let me know how to configure Apache to
make it renders correctly please?  If I need to change any configuration, if
you can give me example of what to change, that would be great thanks.

This is what I have in my httpd.conf file currently

LoadModule file_cache_module modules/mod_file_cache.so
LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so
LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
LoadModule mem_cache_module modules/mod_mem_cache.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

Re: [users@httpd] XML/XLS filtering

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Andrew2008
<ki...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Joshua Slive-2 wrote:
>  >
>  > The problem is almost-certainly that your application is sending the
>  > wrong Content-Type header. For instructions on how to look at the
>  > header, see:
>  > http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WatchingHttpHeaders
>  >
>  > That leaves open the question of WHY the wrong content-type is being
>  > sent. If you want help about that, you need to give us some details on
>  > exactly what process is generating the content and how it is related
>  > to apache. A simple list of loaded modules doesn't tell us anything at
>  > all.
>  > Joshua.
>  >

>  Sorry, let me give an overview of what i'm doing.  I have a 3rd party
>  application running on Weblogic.  I have Apache running on a different
>  machine and ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse in my httpd.conf that points to
>  that application running on Weblogic. The reason I'm doing this is because
>  I'm integrating Sun's Access Manager into our application.  Anyway, the
>  application displays fine on weblogic but when it ProxyPassReverse back to
>  Apache then it does not display properly.
>
>  This is the header section of the html file
>
>  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
>  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Control" CONTENT="no-cache">
>  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache,no-store">
>  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0">
>  <head>
>  <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
>  <title>Welcome Test</title>
>  <link rel="stylesheet" type="TEXT/CSS" href="/rbs/css/bonaire.css">
>
>  I did not change alot in my httpd.conf file except putting in the ProxyPass
>  and ProxyPassReverse statements.
>
>  Hope this helps.  Please let me know if you need more details.

The HTTP-EQUIV stuff in the html headers is irrelevant. You need to
look at the HTTP headers using the instructions provided in the link
that I sent in the last message.

Check the headers when connecting directly to your back-end machine,
then check the headers after they are processed by apache.

In the case that apache is really messing up the headers, start by
upgrading to the latest version. Especially if you are using caching,
there have been lots of improvements and bug fixes in recent versions.
I wouldn't consider using mod_cache unless I was using a recent 2.2
release.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] XML/XLS filtering

Posted by Andrew2008 <ki...@hotmail.com>.