Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by madparker <ma...@hbo.com> on 2006/07/07 16:57:52 UTC

Embedded Broker Using Spring

I'm very frustrated by the documentation of ActiveMQ.  Under the
documentation for "How do I embed a Broker inside a Connection" in the
Spring section it has an example Spring configuration.  When I attempt to
use this configuration, i get:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException
parsing XML document from class path resource
[org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml]; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does
not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does
not exist

Obviously, I need to include the correct jar in my classpath that has
activemq.xml...but I've looked through about 10 jars now and can't seem to
find any that have it.

Anyone have any idea where it may be?  Perhaps this should be included in
the documentation?  Is that just a sample?  Is there somewhere they explain
how to configure your own activemq.xml then?

Matt

Re: Embedded Broker Using Spring

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/7/06, madparker <ma...@hbo.com> wrote:

> I'm very frustrated by the documentation of ActiveMQ.

We do our best - we are volunteers doing this in our spare time though
we welcome contributions...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

> Under the
> documentation for "How do I embed a Broker inside a Connection" in the
> Spring section it has an example Spring configuration.  When I attempt to
> use this configuration, i get:
>
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException
> parsing XML document from class path resource
> [org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml]; nested exception is
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
> [org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does
> not exist
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
> [org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does
> not exist
>
> Obviously, I need to include the correct jar in my classpath that has
> activemq.xml...but I've looked through about 10 jars now and can't seem to
> find any that have it.

So all the classpath: prefix means is that it will try find the file
on the classpath (rather than using an explicit file directory or HTTP
URI which you can use if you prefer).

So add a directory to the classpath and put the activemq.xml in the
directory. (You can omit the directories if you wish).

e.g.
classpath:activemq.xml if there is an activemq.xml document in a
directory that is on the classpath.

If you really want you can put it inside a jar somewhere.

> Anyone have any idea where it may be?  Perhaps this should be included in
> the documentation?

I've updated the wiki page to be a bit more explcit on how spring's
resource handling works...
http://activemq.org/site/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

> Is that just a sample?  Is there somewhere they explain
> how to configure your own activemq.xml then?

The binary download of ActiveMQ comes with an example activemq.xml
file you can use (in the conf directory).

--

James
-------

Re: Embedded Broker Using Spring

Posted by r-a-v-i <RV...@idc.com>.
I agree with "madparker".

Documentation is too ugly and it is taking lot of time configure and run the
examples given.

Is it possible for some one on the active mq team to jar all the required
and working files into a single distribution and provide for download ? It
would be of great help and saves time for many active mq fans.