Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by renyu teng <re...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/14 16:10:55 UTC

Servlet, Bean & Standalone

Hi guys,

I need your help.

I try to use bean to connect EJB managed by JBOSS. If
I use standalone java program to access the data in
JBOSS, everything is perfect. But if I use the a jsp
page which in turn uses a Bean to access Jboss, then I
got the following msg:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name cd is not
bound in this Context

where <cd> is part of my jndi directory:
cd/CDColection.

could anyone tell me what the difference between the
two approach mentioned above? I means I should be able
to access data in jboss right? I believe I have set
resouce description in web.xml correctly, but I am not
sure whether I need it or not.

I am lost.

thank you.
teng