Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Development <ap...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/07 19:28:28 UTC

New to Spamassassin

I would like to know if it is possible to use spamassassin on one server to
filter mail and then deliver it to a seperate mail server on the network
running exchange, groupwise, etc?

Re: New to Spamassassin

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@ummm-beer.com>.
Development wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to use spamassassin on one server
> to filter mail and then deliver it to a seperate mail server on the
> network running exchange, groupwise, etc?

Hi,

Easiest way is to setup a Unix based MTA (I prefer the Qmail/Simscan
setup, but what ever you are comfortable with will work) to accept mail
as the primary MX, scan it and then forward it on to the Internal server.

We do this quite a lot for our clients.

Regards,

Rick

RE: Spam: New to Spamassassin

Posted by Darren Cockburn <DC...@cigionline.org>.
Absolutely!

All you have to do is set up your spamassassin email server as a
smarthost (gateway) email server then forward all scanned email to your
exchange or groupwise server.

- Darren.