Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Gilbert Pilz <Gi...@bea.com> on 2006/07/27 00:57:36 UTC

Many JUnit tests failing due incorrect namespace URI

Apologies if this has already been discussed on the list but I noticed
that a large number of JUnit test cases seem to be failing. Some of the
cases that are failing look they are supposed to fail, but I don't think
they are failing for the correct reason.

For example:
org.apache.woden.tests.wsdl20.W3CTestSuiteTest.testImportIB. The
documentation in the WSDL says:

    This test shows an invalid use of an XML schema import. The
    xs:import element MUST be a child of the wsdl:types element. The
    references to the elements name:SIN and name:Name will fail to
    resolve.

But the Junit trace shows:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Unable to read WSDL document
because of WSDLException: faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Fatal WSDL error:
0:0,WSDL004,Expected a "{http://www.w3.org/2005/08/wsdl}description"
element, but found a "{http://www.w3.org/2006/01/wsdl}description"
element instead.,:

All in all there are 26 cases that fail due to use of the "2006/01" URI.
Some of them (like
org.apache.woden.tests.wsdl20.W3CTestSuiteTest.testCreditCardFaults1G)
don't look like they are supposed to fail at all.

- gp

Re: Development environment setup (was RE: Many JUnit tests failing due incorrect namespace URI)

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 8/1/06, Gilbert Pilz <Gi...@bea.com> wrote:
> Either of these two approaches seems fine to me. I was just working off
> a some notes I took the first time I built Woden (back when there was a
> .project in woden/java) and I was puzzled as to what had changed.

This was the thread of discussion at the time I removed it [1].

> I can help with the Woden-46 jira if you would like . . .

Great! The documentation is in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/woden/Site/ ... now where
did I put the instructions on how to build the site! Seriously - check
out the Site directory and run 'forrest' from the command line. Please
apply patches to the JIRA.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-woden-dev/200607.mbox/%3c20060710124832.6149C1A981A@eris.apache.org%3e

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Development environment setup (was RE: Many JUnit tests failing due incorrect namespace URI)

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Lawrence,

On 8/1/06, Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> >An alternative to importing is to create a new java project and point
>  >it to the directory you checked out woden to. The wizard for creating
>  >the new project will create a .project for you and use the .classpath
>  >already present.
>

> A more common usage pattern with Eclipse is to simply checkout an existing project into your workspace.

+1 to that. I was just trying to diagnose why Gilbert was having
troubles using the process of importing the source. Using the SVN
plugin is by far the easiest route.

> I think we should revisit including the project information (.project, .classpath) in the repository. When working on multiple branches of Woden at the same time the project name can always be renamed using the technique you described.

Sure if we determine this is the root of the problem.

Jeremy

Re: Development environment setup (was RE: Many JUnit tests failing due incorrect namespace URI)

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
>An alternative to importing is to create a new java project and point
>it to the directory you checked out woden to. The wizard for creating
>the new project will create a .project for you and use the .classpath
>already present.

A more common usage pattern with Eclipse is to simply checkout an existing
project into your workspace. I think we should revisit including the
project information (.project, .classpath) in the repository. When working
on multiple branches of Woden at the same time the project name can always
be renamed using the technique you described.

Lawrence

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
08/01/2006 12:35 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Development environment setup (was RE: Many JUnit tests failing due
incorrect namespace URI)

Hi,

On 8/1/06, Gilbert Pilz <Gi...@bea.com> wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> Your step (2) is:
>
> > 2) same as you but import the woden/java directory not the
> > woden directory. This will give you a .classpath file as well
>
> The problem is that you removed the .project file under the woden/java
> directory [1]. Eclipse won't list this directory as a target for
> importing if it can't find a .project file.

An alternative to importing is to create a new java project and point
it to the directory you checked out woden to. The wizard for creating
the new project will create a .project for you and use the .classpath
already present.

Also, I just created an empty java project via the wizard and right
clicked the project -> import then specified a separate directory
where I had woden checked out to and that worked ok too.

> I worked around this by copying the .project file from
> woden/tags/M5_20060611 and changing the <name> element. Given that you
> can't really have a .project file in SVN that works for everybody, all I
> can suggest is a default 'project-rename-me' file along with
> instructions to 'mv project-name-me .project' the first time you setup
> Woden.
>
> - gp
>
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-woden-dev/200607.mbox/%3cadb
> f02b10607100633j55b7821r9c49d85c0018ff56@mail.gmail.com%3e

So I'm not quite sure what steps you were following to mean you didn't
have a default .project file created.

Regards,
Jeremy

RE: Development environment setup (was RE: Many JUnit tests failing due incorrect namespace URI)

Posted by Gilbert Pilz <Gi...@bea.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Gilbert Pilz <Gi...@bea.com>.