Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Etienne Hardy XX <et...@ericsson.com> on 2007/11/01 19:07:24 UTC

SIP Archives (SAR)

Hello all,

I'm working on a project where we need to build SIP archives (sar
files). sar files have exactly the same layout as war files, with the
addition of sip.xml file inside the WEB-INF directory. Of course, SIP
archives have the .sar extension. I looked around and found no maven
plugin to do such a task, so I was thinking of creating one myself.
Looking around the documentation, I was able to create a simple plugin
to build sar files. However, using the plugin was not as transparent as
I would like. I had to invoke a specific goal for the plugin to build
the archive, and the plugin didn't work seamlessly with traditional
"install" goal. Hopefully, using the plugin would be as simple as
specifying <packaging>sar</packaing> in a pom file.

So my question is this: do I have to implement a specific archiver to
accomplish such a goal (something like the available
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.war.WarArchiver) combined with a Sar mojo?

Regards,

/Etienne