Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/06 01:55:21 UTC

Setting up a better eclipse environment....

Hi All,

I've heard this from a couple of developers on eclipse and cloudstack.  Thought I share this tip.

When you open hit Shift-Ctrl-R on eclipse, it opens up the Open Resource dialogue.  A lot of people do this as a quick way to get to a file.  With CloudStack, many people see a bunch of .class files and three or four different .java files of the same name.

Here's how to get rid of all of that.

1.       Quit Eclipse

2.       Make sure your workspace is not stored in the cloudstack directory.  (This may be only my problem because I used to like to do that.)  If your workspace is stored in the directory, you want to delete all eclipse metadata and create the workspace somewhere else.

3.       Remove the eclipse generated bin directory from all of the directories.  The reason is because CloudStack projects used to use bin as the directory for all the eclipse generated .class files but now with maven based projects, eclipse uses target/classes to store them.  So now eclipse sees the .class files in the bin directories as resources that you own.  That's why there's .class files in the Open Resource directory.

4.       Remove all of the .project files.  This is again because we used to checkin .project files and some of your .project files were not created from maven pom.xml.  If you did this before, then you can skip steps 5-8.

5.       Start Eclipse.

6.       If you deleted your workspace in step 2, then you should create a new workspace.

7.       Remove all of the projects.

8.       Import all maven projects again.

9.       Hit Shift-Ctrl-R to open resource dialogue

10.   Click on the down arrow in the upper right of the dialogue box

11.   Click on the Edit Active Working Set from the drop down menu

12.   Create a working set called cloudstack

13.   Add all of the projects to it and then remove the parent projects.  The reason you want to remove them is because they're parent projects and when you open resource, the open resource dialogue gets the .java file from both the actual project and the parent projects so the same .java file appears more than once.

o   Cloudstack-framework

o   Cloud-engine

o   Cloudstack

o   Cloudstack-plugins

o   Cloud-services

14.   Click on finish

15.   Click on the top right drop down button again

16.   Make sure "Show derived resources" is not checked

Another easier way to do this may be to push all your commits and changes and then delete the source directory and reclone the repo.  Then follow just steps 6-16.

After doing that, when you hit Ctrl-Shift-R, make sure the CloudStack working set is selected.  Now only the java file you want will show up.  There's no .class files and no multiple copies of the same java files.

--Alex

Re: Setting up a better eclipse environment....

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Need to save to wiki...

--Sheng

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
If you run directly through Eclipse, you don't need

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n

You may put your memory settings to the debug profile under JRE tab for
JVM settings

Kelven

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks

I dropped that value down.

For some reason I get this exception in Eclipse, but not my normal console:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [com.cloud.vm.dao.DomainRouterDaoImpl]: Constructor
threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space

at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:162)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(
SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:76)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(
AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:990)

... 327 more

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Mike,
> you are giving too much to MaxPermSize, with latest master/ASF 4.1 branch,
> -XX:MaxPermSize=128m would be enough
>
> Kelven
>
> On 3/5/13 11:04 PM, "Mike Tutkowski" <mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
> >-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xmx2048m

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
*™*

Re: Setting up a better eclipse environment....

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
This is the exception I see in my Eclipse console (but not my regular
console):

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

... 329 more

2013-03-06 10:50:09.764:WARN::Failed startup of context
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@557ce3bb
{/client,/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT}

bean with name 'virtualMachineEntityImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: private
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VMEntityManager
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VirtualMachineEntityImpl.manager;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'VMEntityManagerImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManager
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.cloud.entity.api.VMEntityManagerImpl._itMgr;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'clusteredVirtualMachineManagerImpl':
Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.storage.StorageManager
com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl._storageMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'storageManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.vm.UserVmManager
com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl._userVmMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'userVmManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.network.NetworkModel
com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl._networkModel; nested exception is
bean with name 'networkModelImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.configuration.ConfigurationManager
com.cloud.network.NetworkModelImpl._configMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'configurationManagerImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.user.AccountManager
com.cloud.configuration.ConfigurationManagerImpl._accountMgr; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'accountManagerImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: private com.cloud.network.security.SecurityGroupManager
com.cloud.user.AccountManagerImpl._networkGroupMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'securityGroupManagerImpl2': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.agent.AgentManager
com.cloud.network.security.SecurityGroupManagerImpl._agentMgr; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'clusteredAgentManagerImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManager
com.cloud.agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl._haMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'highAvailabilityManagerExtImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: java.util.List
com.cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl._investigators; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'XenServerInvestigator': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.resource.ResourceManager
com.cloud.ha.XenServerInvestigator._resourceMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'resourceManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageVmManager
com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl._secondaryStorageMgr; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'premiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl': Injection of
autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: protected com.cloud.network.NetworkManager
com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl._networkMgr; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'networkManagerImpl': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.network.rules.RulesManager
com.cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl._rulesMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'rulesManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.network.rules.FirewallManager
com.cloud.network.rules.RulesManagerImpl._firewallMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'firewallManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.network.vpc.VpcManager
com.cloud.network.firewall.FirewallManagerImpl._vpcMgr; nested exception is
bean with name 'vpcManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.network.NetworkService
com.cloud.network.vpc.VpcManagerImpl._ntwkSvc; nested exception is
bean with name 'networkServiceImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: java.util.List com.cloud.network.NetworkServiceImpl._networkGurus;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'ovsGuestNetworkGuru': Injection of autowired
dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.network.ovs.OvsTunnelManager
com.cloud.network.guru.OvsGuestNetworkGuru._ovsTunnelMgr; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'ovsTunnelManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire
field: com.cloud.vm.dao.DomainRouterDao
com.cloud.network.ovs.OvsTunnelManagerImpl._routerDao; nested exception is
bean with name 'domainRouterDaoImpl' defined in URL
[jar:file:/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/cloud-server-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/com/cloud/vm/dao/DomainRouterDaoImpl.class]:
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class [com.cloud.vm.dao.DomainRouterDaoImpl]: Constructor threw
exception; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(
AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:287)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(
AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1106)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(
AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(
AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(
DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(
AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)

at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(
DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:609)

at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(
AbstractApplicationContext.java:918)

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(
AbstractApplicationContext.java:469)

at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(
ContextLoader.java:383)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(
ContextLoader.java:283)

at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(
ContextLoaderListener.java:111)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(
ContextHandler.java:549)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:136)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(
WebAppContext.java:1282)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:518)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:499)

at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(
Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:115)

at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(
HandlerCollection.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(
ContextHandlerCollection.java:156)

at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(
HandlerCollection.java:152)

at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)

at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)

at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(
Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)

at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(
AbstractJettyMojo.java:454)

at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(
AbstractJettyMojo.java:396)

at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(
AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:210)

at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
MojoExecutor.java:209)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
MojoExecutor.java:153)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(
MojoExecutor.java:145)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(
LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(
LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(
LifecycleStarter.java:183)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(
LifecycleStarter.java:161)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)

NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(
Launcher.java:290)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(
Launcher.java:230)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(
Launcher.java:409)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
Mike,