Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Chris Wopat <cw...@gartonworks.com> on 2002/08/05 17:19:58 UTC

1.7.2 startup (or not)

While working on another issue, it was suggested that I use the
1.7.2-unstable to have the latest features. I'm unable to get it to run on
both a Linux box AND a Win2k box:

Linux:

./jmeter
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:117)

Win2k (echo turned ON, this it he command it sends when running jmeter.bat):
c:\jakarta-jmeter\bin>java -Xincgc -jar ApacheJMeter.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:117)

This is all from ApacheJMeter_1.7.2.tar.gz

Thanks,
Chris

Re: 1.7.2 startup (or not)

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
You didn't mention which JDK you were using.

-Mike

On 5 Aug 2002 at 10:19, Chris Wopat wrote:

> While working on another issue, it was suggested that I use the
> 1.7.2-unstable to have the latest features. I'm unable to get it to run on
> both a Linux box AND a Win2k box:
>
> Linux:
>
> ./jmeter
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:117)
>
> Win2k (echo turned ON, this it he command it sends when running jmeter.bat):
> c:\jakarta-jmeter\bin>java -Xincgc -jar ApacheJMeter.jar
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:117)
>
> This is all from ApacheJMeter_1.7.2.tar.gz
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org