Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Novaree <ch...@telmore.dk> on 2007/05/02 10:18:50 UTC

DataTable with filtering option - presentation-wise

Hi group,

I need to create a DataTable with a filtering option. I have the backing
bean ready and everything works, so now it's time to work on the front end.

This is a layout I need:

[Header row]
[Filtering option (by start/end date, category, etc)]
[rows of data]

As mentioned, I'm intending to use a Tomahawk DataTable, but I'm lost when
it comes to putting the filtering option layer between the header and the
data section of the table.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Casper Helenius,
Denmark

Re: DataTable with filtering option - presentation-wise

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.
Gerald Müllan wrote:
> No, if you are working with the daily builds you got at least the
> newest one.
>
> The null-reference is really strange since filteringTable itself seems
> to work and it already uses the dojo.widget namespace.
>
> Can you try to have a look into firebug or some other js-debugger, if
> there has any widget
> been created through the dojo environment, maybe with some other
> reference name? It must be located somewhere in the globally js object
> pool (dojo object).
OK, this is the first time I've used FireBug, so I'm not yet sure what
I'm looking for.
Under inspect/DOM/dojo/, there are dozens of things, none of which I am
terribly familiar with... If I open the page and navigate to:

dojo/widget

I can see what appears to be a reference to the table. That is,

dojo/widget/widgetIds

has a reference "aForm:filterTbl" which one would think was the
appropriate object. ('aForm' is just an arbitrary id I assigned to the
form to see if dojo could find the form - it can't...) Similarly

dojo/widget/widgets[0]

seems like it is pointing to the correct place. Is there something more
specific which I should be looking for? Are there any issues with either
tomcat or firefox versions? Thanks for your help.

--
Shane

--
Shane

Re: DataTable with filtering option - presentation-wise

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.
Gerald Müllan wrote:
> No, if you are working with the daily builds you got at least the
> newest one.
>
> The null-reference is really strange since filteringTable itself seems
> to work and it already uses the dojo.widget namespace.
The problem arises as soon as you embed the filterTable within an
h:form. To duplicate simply take the example at irian and embed the
filter table within a form.

--
Shane

Re: DataTable with filtering option - presentation-wise

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: DataTable with filtering option - presentation-wise

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.

--
Shane

Re: DataTable with filtering option - presentation-wise

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

have you considered to use s:filterTable from sandbox?

I don`t know if it fullfills all of your requirements, but have a look: