Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Waleed Tayea <Wa...@bibalex.org> on 2006/03/06 11:50:53 UTC

Exact Search

Dear All.

How can I perform an exact search on an index constructed with a
morphological analyzer.

Thanks in advance

Waleed,

Re: Multi Search vs reader?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/06, Brian <ok...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had assumed since I had multiple indexes,
> that meant I need to perform a MultiSearch. However
> several people have mentioned MultiReader. What's the
> difference, and what's the benefit of one over the
> other??

A MultiSearcher can search over Searchables, which can be remote, etc.
A MultiReader is for local indicies.  When you open an IndexReader or
IndexSearcher on a single index with multiple segments, MultiReader is
actually used under the covers.  You can also instantiate a
MultiReader with multiple IndexReaders.

An IndexSearcher with a MultiReader (when you can use it) should be
faster and more efficient than a MultiSearcher across multiple
IndexSearchers.

-Yonik
http://incubator.apache.org/solr Solr, The Open Source Lucene Search Server

Multi Search vs reader?

Posted by Brian <ok...@yahoo.com>.
I've been doing some reading and I'm a bit confused,
Could you help me clear this up.

I have roughly 12 indexes available at any 1 time for
a search. I had assumed since I had multiple indexes,
that meant I need to perform a MultiSearch. However
several people have mentioned MultiReader. What's the
difference, and what's the benefit of one over the
other??

Thanks, Brian

Re: MultiSearch

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
The Javadoc should have all the info.
If not - Lucene in Action - http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=multisearcher
If not - Lucene in Action's free code that includes code with MultiSearcher, as you can see from snippets at the above URL.

Otis

Re: File Name Search

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
If and how you tokenize is entirely dependent on how the queries need
to work.  Lucene index design really is driven from querying needs
backwards.

	Erik

Re: File Name Search

Posted by Brian <ok...@yahoo.com>.
Cool,

Re: File Name Search

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: File Name Search

Posted by Brian <ok...@yahoo.com>.
GREAT!!
I don't have any questions today, I just wanted to
make sure it was possible first. I'll be starting this
in a few days (when I get an Okie Dokie...)
Then I'm sure I'll have some questions.
Thanks for the link and the reply.
V/R

--- Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vb...@i-hypergrid.com>

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200506.mbox/%3cD3188A0C-B427-4286-9D1C-AE5E98BFBE84@ehatchersolutions.com%3e

Re: File Name Search

Posted by Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vb...@i-hypergrid.com>.
Yes. It possible.

Brian wrote:
> Quick Question,
>      Is it possible to create an index & search based
> on file names?

regards,
Volodymyr Bychkoviak

File Name Search

Posted by Brian <ok...@yahoo.com>.
Quick Question,

Re: Exact Search

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Could you please provide an example of some sample text, the terms
that are emitted by the analyzer, and a query you'd like to work?

	Erik