Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christopher Nash <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/27 16:58:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Nwe to apache and requesting help

I have setup and installed my linux mandrake 9.0 box with apache. I'm running cable modem and I have regestered with a Dynamic dns service called everydns.com.

What I want to do is host a few pages for friends and family.

One person has multipule domains pointing to one. How to I handle this?

How do I let them upload and access their folders so that I do haft to be the middle man?

Thanks ahead of time.

Re: [users@httpd] Nwe to apache and requesting help

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Tuesday 27 July 2004 16:58, Christopher Nash wrote:
> I have setup and installed my linux mandrake 9.0 box with apache. I'm
> running cable modem and I have regestered with a Dynamic dns service called
> everydns.com.
>
> What I want to do is host a few pages for friends and family.
>
> One person has multipule domains pointing to one. How to I handle this?
>
> How do I let them upload and access their folders so that I do haft to be
> the middle man?
What is your apache version? If you have static IP address define Listen
directive with your IP address and port (apache2) OR Bind directive (apache1)
with your ip address and port. Then read about name-based virtual hosts on
apache.