Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Caesar Samsi <ca...@mac.com> on 2015/05/21 02:31:59 UTC

How do I integrate Hadoop app development with Eclipse IDE?

Hello,

I'm embarking on my first tutorial and would like to have tooltip help as I
hover my mouse pointer over Hadoop classes.

I've found the Hadoop docs and Javadoc URL and configured them but the
tooltips still don't show up.

Thanks you, Caesar.

Re: How do I integrate Hadoop app development with Eclipse IDE?

Posted by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com>.
1. create pom.xml for your project
2. add hadoop dependencies which you need
3. $ mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true -DdownloadJavadocs=true
4. import existing java project to eclipse

Posted by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com>.