Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rbkumar88 <rb...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/02 22:07:18 UTC

SolrCloud Composite ID routing problem

Hi,

I have two set of data(Collections). I want to make a join from one to the
other. Is that possible using SolrCloud.

I also tried the following.
1. Tried to load both set of documents in a common schema(single collection)
so that we can make joins.
>From some of the posts, I heard joins can be done "only" if the documents
are in the same shard. So tried to co-locate them using composite-id
routing. But my id field is of TrieIntField type and when I try to index
using the following.

curl http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/update?commit=true -H
'Content-type:application/json' -d '
[
 {
  "id"        : "solrcheck!3719797",
  "company"     : "XXX"
 }
]'

But am getting Bad request error. What is the correct way to index documents
with prefix for co-location?

Thanks
Bharath