Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de> on 2012/12/19 01:48:11 UTC

CMS content variables / get data base content

hey,

i want to use the cms functionality and am mostly satisfied. I prefer to
manage the content with the backend CMS future without touching the code to
make live easier for my employees (html editor).

So I am wondering now if there is the possiblity to use variables within the
CMS / content screens of the admin backend. I mean like using a groovy file
and within the html editor I add variables like ${...}

Or do I have to use only FTL in this case? i.ex. I often have to show the
company adress, and want my employess not to type it each time. I want them
to use just the variable for it.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance

robert

Re: CMS content variables / get data base content

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
ha, just tested it --> it works..great, thanks! :)

Re: CMS content variables / get data base content

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
thanks for your fast reply :)

I see, so I can use FTL Syntac within:

<textData></textData>

Can I use also the Syntax within the HTML / WYSIWYG Editor in backend as
well?

because the things between the above named tag overwrite my database content
in case that I reload the XML file, so I dont want to write anything between
these tags.

please let me know.

Re: CMS content variables / get data base content

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Robert,
Yes, you can do this and you will be using FTL. The ftl template will be stored in ElectronicText table, Set dataTemplateTypeId=FTL for your dataResource. For reference look at data in "specialpurpose/ofbizwebsite/data/OfbizData.xml" file.

Regards
Anil Patel