Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> on 2009/09/18 22:12:20 UTC

[PROPOSAL] CTR for all non-code changes

Hi,

I'm not a commiter (yet!) for Cassandra, but it seems that doing
simple changes like fixing up the README requiring RTC
(review-then-commit) is over burdensome, without providing any
advantage to stability.

For the Apache HTTP Server project, while we use RTC for all of our
stable branches, for documentation and other non-code changes, we use
CTR (commit-then-review).  This lets simple things like typos to
developing large chunks of documentation happen quickly and without
any process burdens, which has allowed the Apache HTTP Servers great
documentation project to thrive.

I am starting to believe it would be helpful if Cassandra adopted a
similar CTR policy for non-code changes on trunk and all branches.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: [PROPOSAL] CTR for all non-code changes

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> I am starting to believe it would be helpful if Cassandra adopted a
> similar CTR policy for non-code changes on trunk and all branches.

Agreed.

-Jonathan

Re: [PROPOSAL] CTR for all non-code changes

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@holsman.net>.
I'm happy with this
The comitters know what they are doing :-)

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: [PROPOSAL] CTR for all non-code changes

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 13:12 -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> I am starting to believe it would be helpful if Cassandra adopted a
> similar CTR policy for non-code changes on trunk and all branches.

Works for me.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com