Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2006/06/03 01:36:53 UTC

Re: Bug in whitespace handling with linefeed-treatment="ignore"?

On Apr 27, 2006, at 09:58, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Sorry for the extra-late reply, still catching up...

> However, I'm not sure it this is right, but
> white-space-treatment is handled "before any linefeed-treatment
> handling
> is considered" (XSL-FO 1.0, 7.15.8). I think the afterLineFeed
> variable
> is currently not properly set. It also looks like our testcases don't
> cover this particular constellation. What adds to my uncertainty is
> that
> XEP does not behave as I would expect in this case (it seems to remove
> the tab but not the spaces).

I think you are quite correct here. Even more, I think this should be
extended to all occurrences of the linefeed character, meaning all
the way at the beginning of the loop --linefeed converted to a
space-- and I'd even move it out of the switch-block... if there is a
linefeed character, no matter what happens to it, the afterLinefeed
condition should always be true.

There could be nasty side-effects, I'm not sure, so I'll have to play
with it a bit more before making those changes.

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Bug in whitespace handling with linefeed-treatment="ignore"?

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jun 3, 2006, at 11:42, Manuel Mall wrote:

> I thought that was fixed in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=397556&view=rev

Yep, missed that one.

Thanks for the quick pointer.

Later,

Andreas

Re: Bug in whitespace handling with linefeed-treatment="ignore"?

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Saturday 03 June 2006 17:35, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2006, at 05:14, Manuel Mall wrote:
> > <snip />
> > I don't think anything is wrong here. The definition of
> > linefeed-treatment was changed in XSL 1.1 (its all part of
> > refinement now) and I believe we behave correctly with respect to
> > 1.1.
>
> Ah yes, I always forget the changes to these properties from 1.0 to
> 1.1...
>
> Still, if, in the original example, the tab characters aren't removed
> but spaces are, then I'm inclined to think that Jeremias' suspicion
> is correct, and there is *something* not entirely right. :/

I thought that was fixed in

> Later,
>
> Andreas

Manuel

Re: Bug in whitespace handling with linefeed-treatment="ignore"?

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Saturday 03 June 2006 07:36, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2006, at 09:58, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> Sorry for the extra-late reply, still catching up...
>
> > However, I'm not sure it this is right, but
> > white-space-treatment is handled "before any linefeed-treatment
> > handling
> > is considered" (XSL-FO 1.0, 7.15.8). I think the afterLineFeed
> > variable
> > is currently not properly set. It also looks like our testcases
> > don't cover this particular constellation. What adds to my
> > uncertainty is that
> > XEP does not behave as I would expect in this case (it seems to
> > remove the tab but not the spaces).
>
> I think you are quite correct here. Even more, I think this should be
> extended to all occurrences of the linefeed character, meaning all
> the way at the beginning of the loop --linefeed converted to a
> space-- and I'd even move it out of the switch-block... if there is a
> linefeed character, no matter what happens to it, the afterLinefeed
> condition should always be true.
>
> There could be nasty side-effects, I'm not sure, so I'll have to play
> with it a bit more before making those changes.

Andreas,

I don't think anything is wrong here. The definition of
linefeed-treatment was changed in XSL 1.1 (its all part of refinement
now) and I believe we behave correctly with respect to 1.1.

> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Manuel