Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Neal Lewis <im...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/18 21:51:58 UTC

Adding Features as XML Elements instead of Attributes in CAS

Hello!

I see that in the UIMA reference it's possible to have Primitive Feature
Types as XML Elements instead of Attributes.

http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/references.html#ugr.ref.xmi.primitive_features

Does this become a part of the CAS XMI?  And if so, how does one make the
switch from attributes to elements?  Does it have to be a separate CAS
Consumer, or can make a change in the Type System Descriptor, or even the
Java Code for the Analysis Engine?

Thanks!

Neal

Re: Adding Features as XML Elements instead of Attributes in CAS

Posted by Neal Lewis <im...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! I understand now. I'll look into the deserializing library and just
write to file the way I would like to.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.