Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/15 17:55:24 UTC

gradle / release question

@ddebrunne, EDGENT-139 notes a goal is to remove external dependencies from the edgent git repo, and presumably from a generated binary edgent-release.tgz ultimately available from the edgent website.

I’m unclear on what you imagined users of a binary external-dependency-less edgent-release.tgz would do to create a working environment for say the “samples” included in that release — so that ./runhelloworld.sh works.  Can you share your thoughts / weave a story for this?

Thanks
— Dale

Re: gradle / release question

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Answered my own question.  I should have read the jira more closely.  It indicates the release tgz is still to include the jars for ext dependencies.

— Dale