Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by IT Consultant <0b...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/20 21:15:49 UTC

KStream Usage spikes memory consumption and breaks Kafka

Hi All ,

Kafka instance is breaking down when used Kstream . It runs out of memory
frequently resulting into service unavailabilty ,

Is it a good practice to use Kstream ?
What other option must be tried to avoid such breakage ?
If it's best pratice , how do we fine tune kafka to withhold load ?

Thanks for your help in advance .

Re: KStream Usage spikes memory consumption and breaks Kafka

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.
Could you provide some configuration information and more context? What application are you running, when is it running out of memory? Otherwise it's hard to tell.

Eno