Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Tony Arriaza-Gonzalez <ar...@mail.yu.edu> on 2019/10/22 16:47:39 UTC

Concatenating, Indexing, and Copying a document to the end of another

Hello,

While I was interning I was asked to develop software that would
Concatenate hundreds of documents and index them. I managed to do this
using Apache POI, I would like to submit a lot of this code to be added to
the POI library as it would allow developers to copy an entire word
document to another, as well as to index documents that are copied together.

Here is a link to the classes I developed that I've put on GitHub.

https://github.com/tonyarriaza/WordDocumentConcatenator

I would love feedback and help in integrating this code that I am really
proud of to the Apache POI project.

Thank you,
Tony

Re: Concatenating, Indexing, and Copying a document to the end of another

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

Assuming the OP has the rights this could be refactored into an example. I don’t think we require a full set of unit tests for an example.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Mark Murphy <jm...@gmail.com>.