Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/19 14:57:01 UTC

IBM Development Package for Apache Harmony

Folks,

I was trying to download the JVM from [1] as per instructions on our
site [2]....why is it asking me for all kinds of personal information?
Is there a way to avoid this?

thanks,
dims

[1] : http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony/index.html
[2] : http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/downloads.html

Re: IBM Development Package for Apache Harmony

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
This will just help ensure we get our own stuff working sooner :)

That said, thanks to IBM for making this available to us for testing and
evaluation.  I think that even after we are up and self-running, this
will be a valuable testing/sanity-check tool.

geir

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Touché :)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was trying to download the JVM from [1] as per instructions on our
> site [2]....why is it asking me for all kinds of personal information?

The JVM is being made available under a license that (AIUI) means it
cannot be redistributed from the Apache site.  Developerworks has this
policy of requesting info before a download, though most of it is
optional and you can indicate that it is not to be used for any other
purpose IIRC.

> Is there a way to avoid this?

Contribute to JCHEVM ;-)

Regards,