Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vincent Blondel <vi...@xtra-net.org> on 2006/05/03 20:38:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Ftp Icons problem.

Hello all,

I am using apache 1.3.x as a forward server for the internet access from my lan. This is all working fine except I get
something strange by ftp sites.

In fact I get well the result but I only receive simple html output without usual icons, those ones located in
apache_root/icons/. All features as negotiation, mime types handling is defined but I don't get any icons.

So is that possible getting these icons when apache is used in a forward config as if this is the case how can I get them ?

Vincent
Regards

Re: [users@httpd] Ftp Icons problem.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Vincent Blondel wrote:
> You are right and this is exactly what I would like to have. So if I understand you, it is impossible to ask apache to
> behave, in forward configurations, as some web browsers (like firefox) during ftp connections or in other words to
> transform the ftp output in a nice html page.

Vince, you DIDN'T understand the concept.  IT IS THE CLIENT.  FTP is a server.
Apache has -nothing- to do with your question.

As a forward proxy, Apache shouldn't generally tinker with the results from
the backend server.

Moreso, you connected through the proxy using the ftp protocol.  A file list
NLST or LIST command has a specific (text) format.  Icons are specified using
html.  If Apache did something to this, it would break all ftp clients.

Re: [users@httpd] Ftp Icons problem.

Posted by Vincent Blondel <vi...@xtra-net.org>.
You are right and this is exactly what I would like to have. So if I understand you, it is impossible to ask apache to
behave, in forward configurations, as some web browsers (like firefox) during ftp connections or in other words to
transform the ftp output in a nice html page.

Thanks a lot for your answer and many thanks for your comprehension.

Vincent.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Vincent Blondel <vi...@xtra-net.org>.
Joshua,

Below you can find my httpd.conf. As I explained it, my clients connect
to this config running on port 7000 and this is working fine.

Concerning eventual errors, I don't get any error with it, except that
when I try to access any ftp site ( example ftp://ftp.belnet.be/ ) I get
this result and this is pure text html output.

Directory of ftp://ftp.belnet.be/FreeBSD/
(/mirror/ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD)
drwxr-x---  16 ftp      ftp          1024 May  4 15:16 .
drwxr-x---   3 ftp      ftp            96 Sep 24  2002 ..
-rw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp           274 Nov 21  2000 .message
-rw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp             0 Nov  7  1996 .notar
drwxr-x---   6 ftp      ftp          1024 Apr  5  2005 CERT
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            15 Feb  4  2005 CTM -> development/CTM
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            17 Feb  4  2005 CVSup -> development/CVSup
drwxr-x---   4 ftp      ftp            96 Jun 25  2004 ERRATA
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            17 Feb  4  2005 FreeBSD-current -> branches/-current
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            19 Feb  4  2005 FreeBSD-stable -> branches/4.0-stable
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            25 Feb  4  2005 ISO-IMAGES-alpha -> releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            25 Feb  4  2005 ISO-IMAGES-amd64 -> releases/amd64/ISO-IMAGES
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            24 Feb  4  2005 ISO-IMAGES-i386 -> releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            24 Feb  4  2005 ISO-IMAGES-ia64 -> releases/ia64/ISO-IMAGES
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            24 Feb  4  2005 ISO-IMAGES-pc98 -> releases/pc98/ISO-IMAGES
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            23 Oct 13  2005 ISO-IMAGES-ppc -> releases/ppc/ISO-IMAGES
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            27 Feb  4  2005 ISO-IMAGES-sparc64 -> releases/sparc64/ISO-IMAGES
-rw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp          6430 Jun 19  2004 README.TXT
drwxr-x---   3 ftp      ftp            96 Jul 28  2005 SOC2005
-rw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            11 May  4 07:56 TIMESTAMP
drwxr-x---   2 ftp      ftp            96 Jun 19  2004 TrustedBSD
drwxr-x---   6 ftp      ftp            96 Jan 23  2003 branches
drwxr-x---   9 ftp      ftp          1024 Jan 23  2003 development
-rw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp         33761 May  4 03:35 dir.sizes
lrw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp            15 Feb  4  2005 distfiles -> ports/distfiles
drwxr-x---  23 ftp      ftp          1024 Nov 19  2004 doc
-rw-r-----   1 ftp      ftp      18098800 May  4 03:25 ls-lR.gz
drwxr-x---   3 ftp      ftp            96 Nov 19  2004 misc
drwxr-x---   9 ftp      ftp          1024 Nov 23 22:50 ports
drwxr-x---   9 ftp      ftp          1024 Jul 16  2005 releases
drwxr-x---   8 ftp      ftp          1024 Apr  4 00:50 snapshots
drwxr-x---   5 ftp      ftp          1024 Sep 10  2003 tools
drwxr-x---   3 ftp      ftp            96 Nov  4  2005 torrents
drwxr-x---   2 ftp      ftp            96 Nov 19  2004 updates

So is there a way getting output with icons, those defined in apache_root/icons.

Regards
Vincent

------
httpd.conf.

ServerType standalone
ServerRoot "/var/forward"
PidFile run/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile run/httpd.scoreboard
ResourceConfig /dev/null
AccessConfig   /dev/null
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 5
StartServers 5
MaxClients 512
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000
Listen 10.66.1.4:7000
LoadModule config_log_module  /usr/libexec/apache/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module   /usr/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule mime_module         /usr/libexec/apache/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module /usr/libexec/apache/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module      /usr/libexec/apache/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module        /usr/libexec/apache/mod_info.so
LoadModule access_module      /usr/libexec/apache/mod_access.so
LoadModule proxy_module       /usr/libexec/apache/libproxy.so
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_mime_magic.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_info.c
AddModule mod_access.c
AddModule mod_proxy.c
ExtendedStatus On
User www
Group www
ServerAdmin webmaster@wbedllfs
ServerName wbedllfs
<Directory />
    AllowOverride None
    Options -FollowSymLinks -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
UseCanonicalName On
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    TypesConfig conf/mime.types
</IfModule>
DefaultType text/plain
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>
HostnameLookups Off
ErrorLog log/httpd-error.log
LogLevel warn
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
CustomLog log/httpd-access.log combined
ServerSignature Off
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    Alias /icons/ "/var/forward/icons/"
    <Directory "/var/forward/icons">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
    IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip
    AddIconByType (TXT,/icons/text.gif) text/*
    AddIconByType (IMG,/icons/image2.gif) image/*
    AddIconByType (SND,/icons/sound2.gif) audio/*
    AddIconByType (VID,/icons/movie.gif) video/*
    AddIcon /icons/binary.gif .bin .exe
    AddIcon /icons/binhex.gif .hqx
    AddIcon /icons/tar.gif .tar
    AddIcon /icons/world2.gif .wrl .wrl.gz .vrml .vrm .iv
    AddIcon /icons/compressed.gif .Z .z .tgz .gz .zip
    AddIcon /icons/a.gif .ps .ai .eps
    AddIcon /icons/layout.gif .html .shtml .htm .pdf
    AddIcon /icons/text.gif .txt
    AddIcon /icons/c.gif .c
    AddIcon /icons/p.gif .pl .py
    AddIcon /icons/f.gif .for
    AddIcon /icons/dvi.gif .dvi
    AddIcon /icons/uuencoded.gif .uu
    AddIcon /icons/script.gif .conf .sh .shar .csh .ksh .tcl
    AddIcon /icons/tex.gif .tex
    AddIcon /icons/bomb.gif core
    AddIcon /icons/back.gif ..
    AddIcon /icons/hand.right.gif README
    AddIcon /icons/folder.gif ^^DIRECTORY^^
    AddIcon /icons/blank.gif ^^BLANKICON^^
    DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif
    AddDescription "GZIP compressed document" .gz
    AddDescription "tar archive" .tar
    AddDescription "GZIP compressed tar archive" .tgz
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddLanguage da .dk
    AddLanguage nl .nl
    AddLanguage en .en
    AddLanguage et .ee
    AddLanguage fr .fr
    AddLanguage de .de
    AddLanguage el .el
    AddLanguage he .he
    AddCharset ISO-8859-8 .iso8859-8
    AddLanguage it .it
    AddLanguage ja .ja
    AddCharset ISO-2022-JP .jis
    AddLanguage kr .kr
    AddCharset ISO-2022-KR .iso-kr
    AddLanguage nn .nn
    AddLanguage no .no
    AddLanguage pl .po
    AddCharset ISO-8859-2 .iso-pl
    AddLanguage pt .pt
    AddLanguage pt-br .pt-br
    AddLanguage ltz .lu
    AddLanguage ca .ca
    AddLanguage es .es
    AddLanguage sv .sv
    AddLanguage cs .cz .cs
    AddLanguage ru .ru
    AddLanguage zh-TW .zh-tw
    AddCharset Big5         .Big5    .big5
    AddCharset WINDOWS-1251 .cp-1251
    AddCharset CP866        .cp866
    AddCharset ISO-8859-5   .iso-ru
    AddCharset KOI8-R       .koi8-r
    AddCharset UCS-2        .ucs2
    AddCharset UCS-4        .ucs4
    AddCharset UTF-8        .utf8
    <IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
        LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja kr no pl pt pt-br ru
ltz ca es sv tw
    </IfModule>
    AddType application/x-tar .tgz
    AddEncoding x-compress .Z