Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ryan Hendrickson <ry...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/12 15:52:49 UTC

Include Section for Processor Breaking Changes in Changelog

Hi,
   I recently upgraded a NiFi from 1.4 to 1.8 and found a breaking change.
The ExecuteStreamCommand processor, in NiFi 1.5, introduced a new
relationship for errors (NIFI-4559
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4559>).  The consequence:  We
missed that 1 of our many processors moved into an invalid state.  A week
later, we notice that part of our flow wasn't processing data because it's
waiting for the new relationship to be drawn.

   It'd be great if in the Release Notes
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12341668>
changes
like these are highlighted under a specific section, such as "Breaking
changes."

Thanks
Best,
Ryan

Re: Include Section for Processor Breaking Changes in Changelog

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ryan,

That's usually something we try to document in the Migration Guidance page.
[1]
If you spot something missing, feel free to update it or let us know.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Migration+Guidance

Thanks,
Pierre

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Might be a good idea to add a Jira tag for this as well.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

Posted by Ryan Hendrickson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.