Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Koes, Derrick" <De...@smith-nephew.com> on 2002/09/18 21:08:48 UTC

tomcat 4.0.4 and oracle

If I run tomcat from the Windows command prompt using startup.bat, I get:

Exception during startup processing

        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorI

java:39)

        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodA

sorImpl.java:25)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path

However, if I run from the start menu I don't have this problem.

I gather that somewhere an oracle library is not being loaded, but I'm not
sure how to fix this.

I have put classes12.jar in the common/lib because I'm using Oracle for
authentication.

Other than that, everything is default.

Can anyone help?

Re: tomcat 4.0.4 and oracle

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
One thing to be aware of... the thin-jdbc drivers don't support Oracle
name servers (ONAME)

RE: tomcat 4.0.4 and oracle

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@epost.de>.

RE: tomcat 4.0.4 and oracle

Posted by Mark Schmeets <ma...@chipware.com>.
I have at times had to put classes12.jar, ocrs12.jar in the WEB-INF/lib
directory. On one NT setup I also ended up putting the ocijdbc9.dll in there
as well. Enough to make you wonder if there is a black art to this....

Mark