Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by ss <yj...@163.com> on 2017/03/10 06:12:59 UTC

rocketmq send compress message

Hello
1、 The Rocketmq send compress message when the message size bigger than 4*1024 ,you choose JDK deflate algorithm and set default level is                5,I feel puzzled at  this level, why 5? why not 4,,why not 3 .....,whether not lz4 replace defate?
2、In DefaultMessageStore#putMessage  method :
long beginTime = this.getSystemClock().now();
PutMessageResult result = this.commitLog.putMessage(msg);

long eclipseTime = this.getSystemClock().now() - beginTime;
if (eclipseTime > 500) {
log.warn("putMessage not in lock eclipse time(ms)={}, bodyLength={}", eclipseTime, msg.getBody().length);
}
eclipseTime ? what do u mean?

Re: rocketmq send compress message

Posted by yukon <yu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

1. Level 5 is a compromise between best compression(9) and fastest
compression(1).
2. As the code logic implies, maybe elapsedTime is better, this is just a
stopwatch.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,
yukon