Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by John Zhao <jz...@macromedia.com> on 2001/04/04 16:44:58 UTC

Apache SOAP ejb sample

Hi all,

I have some trouble running the ejb sample with JRun 3.0 server. I was able
to setup the calculator sample to work in JRun.  But when I run the
ejbclient, it always complains that

"Running the ejbtest
SOAPException: SOAP-ENV:Client, No Serializer found to serialize a
'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using encoding style 'null'."

Here is the param method,

Vector params = new Vector ();
params.addElement (new Parameter("symbol", String.class, "what is up",
null));
call.setParams (params);

The questions are
1) Should I modify the DeploymentDescriptor to customize for JRun server,
such as the context factory class and providerURL?
2) Should I use different encoding here instead of Null?
3) Do I need to modify the classpath to add the hellobean.jar into JRun
classpath?

Thanks in advance,

John