Posted to iot@apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/02/17 09:38:04 UTC

Apache becoming an Associated Member of the KNX Association

Hi all,

posting this here as it might interest other projects.

In order to be able to use the official logos on the PLC4X website I am currently reaching out to different Organizations for negotiating partnerships that allow this (and more).

I just had a call with someone from the KNX Association and it seems they would be delighted to welcome Apache as Associated Member.

Also does it seem as if they are currently working hard on building an IoT Stack and are very interested in what we are doing at the ASF in this sector.

I know the StreamPipes project will directly profit from this, but perhaps also others.

As Chair of the PLC4X project I was told that I was allowed to sign such an agreement on behalf of the ASF and I am planning on doing that in a few weeks as the KNX organization will be here on the Light and Building fair (After legal checked the agreement text). There I’ll probably also discuss what we can do beyond that. It seems they would be very interested in showcasing different open-source IoT showcases. I could probably show them the KNX StreamPipes integration as well as using the KNX driver in Apache NiFi … if there are any other ideas … please reply here.

Just wanted to inform you … there will also be other partnerships with other foundations, I’ll keep you posted about all of them here on this list.

Chris

Re: Apache becoming an Associated Member of the KNX Association

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Lukas,

well that's just a regular use-case ... I think Julian already built an example for storing PLC4X data in IoTDB.
So theoretically it should already work.

But yes ... it can probably be improved and I guess we'll be doing that in the near future because I too think it's a must-have.

Chris

Am 27.02.20, 20:41 schrieb "Lukas Ott" <ot...@apache.org>:

    On 2020/02/18 07:58:07, Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> wrote:
    > Thank you Chris!
    >
    > Julian
    >
    > Am 17.02.20, 15:12 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:
    >
    >     Hi,
    >
    >     Congratulations PLC4X!
    >     Look forward to more good news!
    >
    >     Best,
    >     -----------------------------------
    >     Xiangdong Huang
    >     School of Software, Tsinghua University
    >
    >      黄向东
    >     清华大学 软件学院
    >

    >     Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> 于2020年2月17日周一 下午5:38写道:
    >
    >     > Hi all,
    >     >
    >     > posting this here as it might interest other projects.
    >     >
    >     > In order to be able to use the official logos on the PLC4X website I am
    >     > currently reaching out to different Organizations for negotiating
    >     > partnerships that allow this (and more).
    >     >
    >     > I just had a call with someone from the KNX Association and it seems they
    >     > would be delighted to welcome Apache as Associated Member.
    >     >
    >     > Also does it seem as if they are currently working hard on building an IoT
    >     > Stack and are very interested in what we are doing at the ASF in this
    >     > sector.
    >     >
    >     > I know the StreamPipes project will directly profit from this, but perhaps
    >     > also others.
    >     >
    >     > As Chair of the PLC4X project I was told that I was allowed to sign such
    >     > an agreement on behalf of the ASF and I am planning on doing that in a few
    >     > weeks as the KNX organization will be here on the Light and Building fair
    >     > (After legal checked the agreement text). There I’ll probably also discuss
    >     > what we can do beyond that. It seems they would be very interested in
    >     > showcasing different open-source IoT showcases. I could probably show them
    >     > the KNX StreamPipes integration as well as using the KNX driver in Apache
    >     > NiFi … if there are any other ideas … please reply here.
    >     >
    >     > Just wanted to inform you … there will also be other partnerships with
    >     > other foundations, I’ll keep you posted about all of them here on this list.
    >     >
    >     > Chris
    >     >

    Hi Chris,

    What about saving KNX Data to IoTDB as well? I would be interested in seeing how KNX via Streampipes saving to IoTDB would fit together. Just my humble addition.

    Lukas

Re: Apache becoming an Associated Member of the KNX Association

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Thank you Chris!

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.