Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/06/24 14:18:41 UTC

Introducing Clocker

Hi.

We have been working on a new open source project called Clocker which lets
you spin up a Docker Cloud (hence the name).

Under the covers a Docker Cloud is deployed and managed in an environment
of your choice using Apache Brooklyn, which in turn treats it as a target
location - enabling you to deploy and manage applications on it in the
usual way.

We've just released the first public version of Clocker on GitHub here:

- https://github.com/brooklyncentral/clocker/releases/v0.4.0

There is also a tutorial and some technical background in these blog posts:

-
http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com/blog/2014/06/clocker-creating-a-docker-cloud-with-apache-brooklyn/

-
http://abstractvisitorpattern.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/clocker-implementing-docker-cloud-with.html

We've had some nice coverage (see [1][2][3] below) but we’d really like
more feedback from users and we’d welcome more contributions. Please let us
know what you think and what it should do next! The code is at:

- https://github.com/brooklyncentral/clocker
<https://github.com/brooklyncentral/clocker/releases/v0.4.0>

Cheers,

Andrew @grkvlt <https://github.com/grkvlt/> and Andrea @andreaturli