Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "JS.staff" <js...@ecclescollege.ac.uk> on 2004/12/22 09:51:53 UTC

1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Am I missing something, or is there a delay in releasing the 1.1.2
binaries??

Thanks,

John

Re: 1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 22 December 2004 10.51, JS.staff wrote:
> Am I missing something, or is there a delay in releasing the 1.1.2
> binaries??

Quoting http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html:

"Binary packages are usually available about a week after Subversion
source releases. If not yet available for your OS, try grabbing the the
latest source release."

:-)

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: 1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
JS.staff wrote:
> Am I missing something, or is there a delay in releasing the 1.1.2
> binaries??

Binaries first need to be built, which takes from a few hours to weeks.
Usually their availability is announced here though.

BTW: don't post HTML to public mailinglists, thanks.

Uli

Re: 1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Christopher Ness wrote:

> Mr. Axel Thimm runs a popular yum/apt repos, although it is not
> "official".  http://atrpms.net He posted a question on Tuesday
> around 4:25 EST.

yes, i just noticed axel's packaging, that will do nicely.  thanks.

rday

Re: 1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Wed, 2004-22-12 at 08:22 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, JS.staff wrote:
> and is there someone who takes charge of packaging them in RPM format
> and getting them into one of the official yum/apt repos?

Mr. Axel Thimm runs a popular yum/apt repos, although it is not
"official".  http://atrpms.net  He posted a question on Tuesday around
4:25 EST.

Not sure which distro you are talking about but to get them into Fedora
Core's official distro I think there is some internal testing and
reviewing that takes place therefore it takes quite a while.

Besides, you'll "learn" more if you install from source.  ;)

Cheers,
Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University

Re: 1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@bantamtech.com>.
Please visit http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html and
notice that the Subversion folks provide the source code only. Binary
packages are provided by volunteers. Each Linux distro packages things
differently and may or may not provide packages for your particular
distro. If your distro does not provide a Subversion package, please
check this page for a contributed package. If none is found, download
the source and build it. It compiles fairly easily on Linux.

HTH

Re: 1.1.2 binaries?[Scanned]

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.