Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2004/06/07 15:59:20 UTC

2.1 build is failing

Hi,

1)Checked out head from 2.1 module
2)Commented out all blocks except flow, batik, fop and supersonic
3)Did
exclude.webapp.documentation=true
exclude.webapp.javadocs=true
exclude.webapp.samples=true
exclude.webapp.test-suite=true

# ---- Build Exclusions

exclude.deprecated=true
exclude.documentation=true
exclude.javadocs=true

4)build.sh webapp

validate-jars:
Copying 1 file to D:\src\cocoon-2.1\build\cocoon-2.2.0-dev\temp
Processing D:\src\cocoon-2.1\lib\jars.xml to
D:\src\cocoon-2.1\build\cocoon-2.2.0-dev\temp\jars.xml
D:/src/cocoon-2.1/tools/src/check-jars.xsl:90:37: Warning!
   [WARN] Poor filename for file endorsed/xml-apis.jar
   Please add version number or datestamp.

D:/src/cocoon-2.1/tools/src/check-jars.xsl:155:40: Warning!
   File portal/lib/pluto-20040310.jar appears in the lib/ directory, but
is not declared in lib/jars.xml.

   Please update the lib/jars.xml file to include the
portal/lib/pluto-20040310.jar file together with a description.
: Fatal Error! Formatvorlage hat die Beendigung übertragen.
D:/src/cocoon-2.1/tools/src/check-jars.xsl:155:40: Fatal Error! Fatal
error during transformation Cause: Fatal error during transformation
Failed to process D:\src\cocoon-2.1\lib\jars.xml

5) I deleted pluto-20040310.jar from src\blocks\portal\lib\ and build.sh
webapp again, ran fine this time.

This lib should probably be removed from the repository.

Regards
Jorg

Re: CVS weirdnesses from IDEs (Was: 2.1 build is failing)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 8 juin 04, à 08:52, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> ...This seems to be a very subtle bug in the CVS handling
>> of Eclipse.
>>> It
>>> happens from time to time that locally deleted files are
>> not deleted
>>> during commit, although Eclipse tells you so. Fortunately,
>> this occurs
>>> only once every three months :)
>>
>> Similar things happen with IDEA sometimes. For me the only
>> surefire way to check commits is to do a "cvs release" from
>> the command-line.
>>
> Interesting, so perhaps this is not an Eclipse bug. With Eclipse
> it's usually sufficient to restart Eclipse once or twice :) and
> synchronize with the repository again. Then suddenly the changes
> that have not been committed appear (which is a time consuming
> task that can be run in the background).

Not sure if it is a bug in IDEA, it might just be a sequence of events
that makes you unaware of what's actually been going on. So in my case
it might be more a user problem, but I play it safe anyway ;-)

-Bertrand

RE: CVS weirdnesses from IDEs (Was: 2.1 build is failing)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> > ...This seems to be a very subtle bug in the CVS handling
> of Eclipse.
> > It
> > happens from time to time that locally deleted files are
> not deleted
> > during commit, although Eclipse tells you so. Fortunately,
> this occurs
> > only once every three months :)
>
> Similar things happen with IDEA sometimes. For me the only
> surefire way to check commits is to do a "cvs release" from
> the command-line.

Interesting, so perhaps this is not an Eclipse bug. With Eclipse
it's usually sufficient to restart Eclipse once or twice :) and
synchronize with the repository again. Then suddenly the changes
that have not been committed appear (which is a time consuming
task that can be run in the background).

Carsten

CVS weirdnesses from IDEs (Was: 2.1 build is failing)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

RE: 2.1 build is failing

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Thanks!