Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/06/04 14:24:09 UTC

Re: Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Hi Brian,

just let you know that I just committed a new TileHorizontalLayout. This
layout is a substitute of jewel TileLayout that will be removed in the
following days.

It's modeled upon Flex Spark TileLayout, so it should work very close to
it. There's an example in TDJ (still not live, but hope to add soon).

As well I'll be adding soon TileVerticalLayout. So we will have to layout
beads instead one. In Flex TileLayout had "orientation", that property was
used to layout the items in rows or in columns. In Royale (Jewel) we will
had this two beads instead just one with that property.

About properties, we have now:

   - columnWidth
   - horizontalGap
   - columnCount (read only)
   - requestedColumnCount
   - rowHeight
   - verticalGap

In vertical, will change requestedColumnCount by requestedRowCount

Notice that setting columnWidth will unset requestedColumnCount.
You use requestedColumnCount when you want a concrete number of columns
Instead, if you could prefer to calculate columns based on columnWidth or
in the bigest tile size.

The layout seems to work pretty good in my test, and I'm just figuring if
gaps should remain as it's now, or based in some CSS as other current
layouts in jewel.

Hope this solve your problem

thanks

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,
just solved the before mentioned issue

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Brian,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

RE: Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Posted by Brian Raymes <br...@teotech.com>.
Great! Thank you Carlos.

I’ll update soon and start testing the new layout/properties.

Brian

How does one manipulate the padding, margins and gaps of a DataContainer with the HorizontalFlowLayout?

I would like to be able to use the DataContainer with flow layout without the inherited margin (green). Honestly, I’m a bit confused as to why it exists in the first place for all rows but the first.

It would also be interesting to be able to provide a vertical gap (yellow). I am currently doing this with my item renderers, but think it could be useful without? Thoughts?

[cid:image001.png@01D63A50.40CA6910]

Thank you,
Brian

--