Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hajo Locke <Ha...@gmx.de> on 2017/04/11 09:36:08 UTC

[users@httpd] http/2 Misdirected Request

Apache 2.4.25

Hello,

have an issue with http/2 and response "421 Misdirected Request".
I read this to inform about issues with multiple hosts and same
certificate. https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_http2.html
Unfortunately i can't solve my problem on my own.
Involved are to subdomains www.foobar.com and en.foobar.com
In HTML from https://www.foobar.com is a link to https://en.foobar.com
After clicking fast enough, we see the 421 response and in errorlog:
AH02032: Hostname www.foobar.com provided via SNI and hostname
en.foobar.com provided via HTTP have no compatible SSL setup

As i understood apache returns with 421 if client wants to reuse already
established connection but detects differences in ssl-setup.
The problem is to find that differences...
Both Subdomains use same wildcard-certificate which fits all hosts. Both
subdomains use default-ssl.conf, there is no individual ssl-settings.
Only difference i see are filenames for
SSLCertificateKeyFile/SSLCertificateFile in VHost. Both Subdomains use
same certificate, but everey subdomain has stored the cert. in different
files. Could that be a detected difference and reason for the 421? First
tests seem to confirm.
I tried to debug ssl (LogLevel info ssl:trace5) but i see only a lot of
openssl messages and no further explanation about ssl-differences.

What should i do now?

Why reacts Chrome in this harsh way and stops browsing? Firefox receives
same response and just opens new connection.

Thanks,
Hajo