Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by KevinO <on...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/16 21:59:38 UTC

Role Based Security on Temporary Queues

Is there a way to add Role Based Security to temporary queues? So far I get
the error:

User: myUser does not have permission='CREATE_NON_DURABLE_QUEUE' for queue
b9b3ac6e-8d1e-47c6-b168-495a5b35e39f on address
b9b3ac6e-8d1e-47c6-b168-495a5b35e39f]

The security setting all myUser to send and receive on its queue specified
as follows:

<security-setting match="MYADDRESS.#">

            <permission type="createNonDurableQueue" roles="amq,myRole"/>

            <permission type="deleteNonDurableQueue" roles="amq,myRole"/>

            <permission type="createDurableQueue" roles="amq"/>

            <permission type="deleteDurableQueue" roles="amq"/>

            <permission type="createAddress" roles="amq"/>

            <permission type="deleteAddress" roles="amq"/>

            <permission type="consume" roles="amq,myRole"/>

            <permission type="browse" roles="amq,myRole"/>
            <permission type="send" roles="amq,myRole"/>
            <!-- we need this otherwise ./artemis data imp wouldn't work -->
            <permission type="manage" roles="amq"/>
</security-setting>

I've tried setting
<temporary-queue-namespace>TEMP</temporary-queue-namespace>, and then added
security-settings to allow myRole access, but to no great success.

Any alternate recommendation on how to accomplish the request/reply pattern
would also be appreciated.

Re: Role Based Security on Temporary Queues

Posted by KevinO <on...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info, Justin.

I've created a ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3692

If someone points me in the right direction, I'd be willing to take a stab
at a PR.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.