Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Jensen <cj...@edex.com.au> on 2004/03/19 05:02:01 UTC

Server on windows or linux

Hi,
We're looking into setting up Subversion.
We have the option of running it on Windows or Linux and was wondering
if there are significant differences or issues?
The main thing that I seem to notice is case sensitivity in the file system.
If all clients were also on Windows, would it make more sense to have
the server on windows too. Would that make case sensitivity less of an
issue.
I would like to work from a linux client, but I would be the only one,
so if it's going to simplify things, I can run from Windows too.

If we change our mind later, how difficult is it to migrate the server
between windows and linux?

Thanks for any help

Chris Jensen cjensen@edex.com.au

Educational Experience (Australia)
Postal Address: PO Box 860, Newcastle NSW 2300
Freecall:       1-800-025 270      International: +61-2-4923 8222
Fax:            (02) 4942 1991     International: +61-2-4942 1991

Visit our online Toy store! http://www.toysandmore.com.au/

Re: Server on windows or linux

Posted by Bruce Elrick <br...@elrick.ca>.
With respect to case sensitivity, the repository location doesn't
matter.  The file versions are stored in a table in the Berkeley DB.
Case sensitivity matters if you have mixed clients/WC's.

Cheers...
Bruce