Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2017/10/20 14:14:05 UTC

hc-stylecheck 2 release

Gary and all

I fixed the problem that has been causing issues with maven-sylecheck-
plugin older than 2.9.1 and also tightened up some code policies such
as declaration of parameters and enhanced for-loop variables as final
and added a few new ones such as @Deprecated and @Override annotation
check and empty statement check.

There are many, many more things we could enforce through the style
check. Please feel free to add policies you deem important.

I'll put hc-stylecheck on lazy vote in a few days.

Oleg

Re: hc-stylecheck 2 release

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 21, 2017 03:43, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

On Fri, 2017-10-20 at 09:50 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Gary and all
> >
> > I fixed the problem that has been causing issues with maven-
> > sylecheck-
> > plugin older than 2.9.1 and also tightened up some code policies
> > such
> > as declaration of parameters and enhanced for-loop variables as
> > final
> > and added a few new ones such as @Deprecated and @Override
> > annotation
> > check and empty statement check.
> >
> > There are many, many more things we could enforce through the style
> > check. Please feel free to add policies you deem important.
> >
> > I'll put hc-stylecheck on lazy vote in a few days.
> >

> Thank you Oleg
>
> I noticed the license check is now limited to Java files, not great
> but
> better than not working and blowing up on properties file ;-)
>
> Gary

Hi Gary

I could not make the style check plug-in work with multiple header
files. I do not see this as a big loss. License headers are enforced by
Apache RAT plug-in anyway.

It is fine to have just one way to check headers IMO. It would be worth
filling a bug against the plugin though.

Gary

Oleg

Re: hc-stylecheck 2 release

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.