Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2018/12/18 18:51:55 UTC

"Resource Management" Working Group

Over the past few months, we've been making several improvements related to
quota enforcement, using multiple roles / schedulers, as well as
scalability of the allocator in the master.

Going forward we'll be shifting back to push additional features, like
quota limits, hierarchical quota, priority based preemption. As well as
tackling an "optimistic" offer model to further improve scheduling
throughput in the presence of multiple schedulers.

Since there's a lot going on in this area. I'm proposing we create a
"Resource Management" working group.

Much of the recent resource management work has been performance oriented;
since most of it impacts allocation cycle time and/or scheduling
throughput. So, I'm thinking we can start by covering resource management
in the existing performance working group meetings, and split them later.

The first meeting will occur tomorrow, combined with the performance
meeting.