Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Kunz <ku...@tdbank.ca> on 2002/04/04 17:48:59 UTC

memory

How is anyone calculating memory usage per httpd process?  I need to
understand the impact of 300 vrs 600 maxclients

RE: memory

Posted by Andrew Kunz <ku...@tdbank.ca>.
Sorry yes apache 1.3 aix 4.3

Posted by Bill -Sx- Jones <sn...@mac.com>.
On 4/4/02 11:13 AM, "Andrew Kunz" <ku...@tdbank.ca> wrote:

> Yes on aix.
>
> A little question about each process showing about 3 Megs of real and 24
> Megs of virtual (or shared I hope).  Seems like a lot of memory to be
> consumed per process and I am wondering if that other amount (virtual)
> is shared among all the processes so the net impact is only 3 Megs per
> process. I assume it is because it would be a pig if you needed to
> allocate much over that per process but I kind of need an answer to
> satisfy myself.  (As in gigs of memory on a busy machine?)

You still need to say what version of apache

Apache 2 uses shared a lot better than 1.3 does

What version of AIX ?  3/4/5 ???

HTH;

-Sx-  :]
My new personal quote:
Be alert!  The world needs more Lerts!  :)

RE: memory

if you're talking unix, top may give you what you want.

alex..

--
-= alex dyas - webmaster - twowaytv - uk =-

Re: memory

Posted by alex dyas <ad...@twowaytv.co.uk>.

Re: memory

Posted by Bill -Sx- Jones <sn...@mac.com>.
On 4/4/02 11:28 AM, "Bill -Sx- Jones" <sn...@mac.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/02 11:21 AM, "Andrew Kunz" <ku...@tdbank.ca> wrote:
>
>> 11 million hits on an average day (approaching 400 hits per second at

Well, my 2 primary on-line E-Learning systems for courseware are doing about
1 request per second -- so they are mostly sleeping  :/

WebCT averages 65 requesst per minute with 130 per second peak load...
Bbd averages about 40 http and 80 DB request per minute with very high per
second peak loads at times :(

But over all, it gives me more time to play Unreal Tournament  !

:-D

RE: memory

Posted by Andrew Kunz <ku...@tdbank.ca>.
Thanks bill   really appreciate your assistance.

Posted by Bill -Sx- Jones <sn...@mac.com>.

RE: memory

Posted by Bill -Sx- Jones <sn...@mac.com>.