Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/14 22:19:09 UTC

Property interpolation: can I reference a specific parent version?

I would like to set a property that stores the version of a particular
parent.

Simply doing this:

<foo>${pom.version}</foo>

...is expanded within the context of the pom.xml of the moment.

That is, if I evaluate it in the context of pom C, then it gets pom C's
version.  If C descends from B, and B extends from A, I want to get A's
version.

But I don't want to have to manually keep this property in sync with my
(already manually specified) parent version specifier.

What are my options?

Best,
Laird

--