Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Marc Herren <Ma...@ascom.ch> on 2002/06/12 13:46:04 UTC

Bug with Telnet and RollingFileAppender ?

Hi ,

I started to test log4j as log facility for our application. During those
test I found the following problem :

When running one instance of our program everything works fine but as soon
as there are two or multiple instances of our program running the Telnet
and RollingFileAppender behaves strange.

The TelnetAppender just blocks the main program which is a serious
problem. The RollingFileAppender works fine but the file rotation is
corrupt ( no backup files or at wrong size )

I'm new to log4j , I searched the web, buglist and the mailinglist but
didn't found an answer/hint to this problem.

Can log4j be used when running multiple copies of the program on the same
machine ?

Thanks for any help

Marc

Marc Herren