Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Marcel Vehof <ma...@wisdom.nl> on 2001/06/01 23:30:55 UTC

how do I map multiple templates to one Java class file?

Hi,

In my current project, I have to generate output in multiple
formats for the same data. So I would like to have for instance
a template Query.vm which shows some results in
HTML format, while Query.xm would show the results
in XML, and both templates would refer to the same
Java class Query.java.
How would I achieve this?
I would prefer to have multiple template directories, one for
each format and with their own layout and navigation files.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work..

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Marcel

Re: how do I map multiple templates to one Java class file?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/1/01 2:30 PM, "Marcel Vehof" <ma...@wisdom.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my current project, I have to generate output in multiple
> formats for the same data. So I would like to have for instance
> a template Query.vm which shows some results in
> HTML format, while Query.xm would show the results
> in XML, and both templates would refer to the same
> Java class Query.java.
> How would I achieve this?
> I would prefer to have multiple template directories, one for
> each format and with their own layout and navigation files.
> Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work..
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated,
>
> Marcel

That is one of the reasons why we decided to move to the Pull model...

<http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/pullmodel.html>

-jon

--
"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
            -Steve Balmer, CEO Microsoft