Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Todd Orr <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 22:02:08 UTC

Rest Local Transport

Are there any helper utils or 3rd party packages that can be used as a
client for testing Rest services via local transport? I believe that I
have been able to expose a rest service over the local transport (for
testing). However, I cannot use URL or HttpClient to access the
service since it doesn't travel over HTTP. Thoughts?

Re: Rest Local Transport

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I did some similiar stuff for the Javascript code, but I was able to
hide the problem in the java code behind Javascript.

I'm not an expert on how hard it is to add a transport to the URL/Http
universe in the JDK. I might take a look.

The alternative is to grab the port by binding a socket, and then
clean it up and use the number.

Honestly, all the CXF tests just burn in some port numbers.

Re: Rest Local Transport

Posted by Todd Orr <to...@gmail.com>.
I can see this being useful when a build server pulls our projects out
of source control and runs the unit tests. It is possible, though
unlikely, that the port used for the rest service might be taken. I
figure using local transport would eliminate that issue as well as
make the test more compartmentalized. I know I can create an ad hoc
http service and run the tests there. However, ideally I could create
an in-vm system for testing the behavior of the marshaling, etc. prior
to true integration tests on a server via a deployed war. I know there
are other options.

Re: Rest Local Transport

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Rest Local Transport