Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2013/01/04 16:19:37 UTC

Users in trunk embedded mode

Hi all,

Launching Syncope 1.1-SNAPSHOT in embedded mode, a lot of the users seem to
be invalid according to the schema. For example, "user1" is missing values
for the required attributes "surname" and "userId". Is this an oversight or
is there any reason for this?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Users in trunk embedded mode

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 08/gen/2013, alle ore 17.46, Colm O hEigeartaigh ha scritto:

> Hi Fabio,
>
>> If the new subscribed resource doesn't require password value, then a new
> password specification shouldn't be required.
>> WDYT?
>
> +1. Thanks for the explanation.
>
>> This sounds a little bit strange.
>> Let me understand ...
>> 1. you synchronize a new user
>> 2. you retrieve user details (from the admin console, I suppose) in order
> to check for sync result
>> 3. mapped virtual attributes are empty
>
> Yes pretty much. I have a mocked up table in a H2 backend that I am
> synchronizing from. I have a Virtual attribute (VirtualGivenName), and I am
> mapping a column (GivenName -> VirtualGivenName) in the Resource Mapping. I
> create a synchronization task, and execute it and examine the users (in the
> console). I see the VirtualGivenName Virtual Attribute listed but with no
> value. Looking at core-connid.log I see it is retrieving the value fine
> initially:
>
> 16:31:26.783 DEBUG
> org.connid.bundles.db.table.DatabaseTableConnector.executeQuery Column
> values {GIVENNAME=GIVENNAME="Dave Yellow":[VARCHAR],
> NAME=NAME="dave":[VARCHAR], PASSWORD=PASSWORD="password":[VARCHAR],
> STATUS=STATUS="true":[VARCHAR], SURNAME=SURNAME="yellow":[VARCHAR]} from
> result set
>
> but then I see:
>
> 16:31:27.046 DEBUG Provide value for virtual attribute 'VirtualGivenName'
> 16:31:27.046 DEBUG Virtual attribute evaluation ended
> 16:31:27.098 DEBUG Provide value for virtual attribute 'VirtualGivenName'
> 16:31:27.098 DEBUG Virtual attribute evaluation ended
> 16:31:27.098 DEBUG
> org.identityconnectors.framework.api.operations.SearchApiOp.search Return:
> null

Oh, can it be related to the issue just closed today?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-267

If your accountid is username or SyncopeUser id or a derived attribute the cause is that.
Please, try with the latest snapshot.

Regards,
F.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Fabio,

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 08/gen/2013, alle ore 08.49, Jan Bernhardt ha scritto:

>>> Ok thanks. However I can't seem to subscribe the User to a new
>>> Resource even by specifying the password - I guess it is complaining
>>> that the new password is the same as the old one. So there is no way
>>> to propagate an existing User to a remote resource without also
>>> changing the password, is this correct?
>>
>> Hi Colm,
>> the default password history is specified by the global password policy.
>> You could change it to permit password change with the same password.
>>
>> BTW, I would implement a simple improvement related to your issue.
>> I do think that in case of new resource subscription (explicitly or implicitly),
>> password should be mandatory if and only a mapping for internal attribute
>> "Password" exists for that resource.
>>
>> If the new subscribed resource doesn't require password value, then a new
>> password specification shouldn't be required.
>> WDYT?
>>

> +1
> I think this is an excellent idea! Passwords should only be mandatory, if they should be synchronized.

This is the new issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-266

Since this improvement seems to be really simple and useful, I'd like to implement it on 1.0.X as well.

Regards,
F.

RE: Users in trunk embedded mode

Posted by Jan Bernhardt <jb...@talend.com>.
> > Ok thanks. However I can't seem to subscribe the User to a new
> > Resource even by specifying the password - I guess it is complaining
> > that the new password is the same as the old one. So there is no way
> > to propagate an existing User to a remote resource without also
> > changing the password, is this correct?
>
> Hi Colm,
> the default password history is specified by the global password policy.
> You could change it to permit password change with the same password.
>
> BTW, I would implement a simple improvement related to your issue.
> I do think that in case of new resource subscription (explicitly or implicitly),
> password should be mandatory if and only a mapping for internal attribute
> "Password" exists for that resource.
>
> If the new subscribed resource doesn't require password value, then a new
> password specification shouldn't be required.
> WDYT?

+1
I think this is an excellent idea! Passwords should only be mandatory, if they should be synchronized.

Best regards.
Jan

Re: Users in trunk embedded mode

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.