Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2020/11/10 17:30:41 UTC

Towards 3.17.0

Jena 3.16.0 was 2020-07-09
so the tick for 3.17.0 is here.

There's a list of notable items below - is anything missing?

Tickets this release:
https://s.apache.org/jena-3.17.0-jira

Also of of note:
## Proposal:
   Didac: Titanium proposal for JSON-LD 1.1
     No changes in this version.
     Discuss!

     Andy

## Work-in-progress:

JENA-1911: Updating Fuseki UI
JENA-1894: Order preserving datasets
JENA-1987: Add Fuseki /$/compact/* endpoint
JENA-1992: Fix for logging running in Tomcat.

## Updates:
JENA-1959, JENA-1967
   JSON-LD 0.12.5 -> 0.13.2 (umbreak)
JENA-1972: Jetty 9.4.26 -> 9.4.31
JENA-1973: Micrometer: 1.2.1 -> 1.5.5
JENA-1992: Update Log4j2 to 2.14.0
JENA-1993: Update Eclipse Jetty to 9.4.34

## --------
## Features:

JENA-1982. SPARQL \U escapes in String and IRIs.
This is a change to ARQ extended SPARQL syntax.

Pavel Mikhailovskii

JENA-1950: Use GraalVM for javascript if available.
This also opens up the possibility of other languages for scripting
SPARQL extension functions. (JENA-1951)

The license means we do not ship GraalVM itself (and it is quite big).

JENA-1968
Support Turtle output with relative URIs but no BASE declaration.

JENA-1974: G library
A library for working with Graphs
More :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r973fd076583327b75e15bda798dce66d47f4f7cd8dbaa14c280f1fe3%40%3Cdev.jena.apache.org%3E

JENA-1937: SHACL Compact Syntax writer

Fuseki:

JENA-1929: Fuseki: Detect TDB1/TDB2 database types.

JENA-1949: Dockerfile
and build instructions
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/fuseki-docker.html

This is a build system published as a zip file and it can be used to
build a docker container (about 100M) for any recent version of Fuseki/Main.

JENA-1976
Make CORS support in Fuseki main default to on.

JENA-1961
Support /$/metrics in Fuseki Main

JENA-1989
Logging in Fuseki/webapp

Re: Towards 3.17.0

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
About to build RC2 with the Windows/filename fix.

This will involve a time warp - setting the version backwards - and may
lead to some temporary noise.

     Andy

Re: Towards 3.17.0

Re: Towards 3.17.0