Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/06/19 14:45:03 UTC

[axis2] FYI: Web services support in Mac OS X 10.4

(Courtesy Don Box's blog)

http://developer.apple.com/webobjects/internet/wowebservices.html

Sanjiva.

Re: [axis2] FYI: Web services support in Mac OS X 10.4

Posted by Changshin Lee <ia...@gmail.com>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>what about it? They use Axis 1.X.
>
>http://developer.apple.com/documentation/WebObjects/Reference/API5.2.3/index.html

Yes, they ship Axis as a part of their Mac OS X server product.

>-- dims
>
>On 6/19/05, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
>

>>(Courtesy Don Box's blog)
>>
>>http://developer.apple.com/webobjects/internet/wowebservices.html

Mac OS X's Core Data provides a notion of high-level schema to describe
data used in programs on the platform and map to any kind of persistent
layer like SQL databases and XML documents. In other words, Mac OS X
gives you a way to process information with its own data model (higher,
higher) apart from language-specific structures and APIs

P.S. I entirely switched to Mac since the last WWDC 2005 :-)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Oh I didn't know that! Very cool :). I didn't look at the site carefully
but on a quick glance it looked like they had a cool & simple UI,
keeping to true Apple style. I forwarded it 'cause I thought we could
learn something from that w.r.t. Axis2.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.