Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/16 22:49:34 UTC

Extensions 101

This is probably a FAQ but I here it goes anyway.

Can someone remind me how to include the system scdl definitions provided
by an extension so that they become part of the system scdl that gets
deployed?
For instance, the ruby extension defines a ruby.system.scdl that contains
the component definitions for its impl loader, etc. How does this scdl get
incorporated into the system scdl that gets deployed?
And, dare I ask, let's say that I want to use the ruby extension in a sample
that I want to test with itest, I assume that the itest plugin's embeddedMa-
ven.scdl would also need to incorporate ruby.system.scdl, right? How does
that get done?

Again, apologies if this is too much of a FAQ.

Thanks