Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2014/02/25 03:05:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.7 (Release Candidate 2)

Hi Everyone,

I've deployed another 1.7 release candidate.  This one should fix the
problems with the license file and website issues that were identified
in the first RC.

This release fixes several bugs:

 * [APLO-287] - SSL errors with Java 7 (Diffie-Hellman cypher suite sessions)
 * [APLO-305] - Wrong exist status codes in the init scripts!
 * [APLO-308] - Filesystem permissions in released package are broken..
 * [APLO-310] - Wildcard durable subs do not receive messages from
topics created after the durable sub is created.
 * [APLO-315] - Apollo should protect itself against clients that send
many frames with receipt requests, but which do not read the socket
for those receipts.
 * [APLO-319] - Don't auto delete Topics if it's holding retained messages
 * [APLO-320] - Occasionally on restart 'Invalid log position:'
warning messages get logged
 * [APLO-328] - cors_origin configuration attribute of the the web
connectors not properly setting the Access-Control-Allow-Headers
 * [APLO-330] - Support using a different Authorizer Authenticator
implementations.
 * [APLO-338] - PeriodStat buffer in Broker grows infinitely
 * [APLO-339] - java.nio.channels.CancelledKeyException
 * [APLO-346] - Debug log doesn't log a deleting queue
 * [APLO-347] - Action not Authorized Errors when viewing admin
interface over HTTPS
 * [APLO-349] - Empty STOMP Header Name is Allowed

And introduces improvements like:

 * [APLO-296] - Support configuring the LevelDB auto compaction frequency
 * [APLO-312] - Apollo fails to bumb up the ulimit!
 * [APLO-325] - Allow larger text messages on websocket connection
 * [APLO-348] - Decouple cli argument parsing from the Karaf version
used using Airline to parse the args
 * [APLO-213] - Support an option to set the JMSXUserID openwire
header based on the authenticated user.
 * [APLO-313] - Avoid blocking producers if consumers are not likely
to catch up within a few seconds.
 * [APLO-314] - If the leveldb paranoid_checks option is enabled,
verify the integrity of index when it's copied/checkpointed
 * [APLO-301] - Add a "ttl" header to control message expiration

Full Changlog available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12322515&styleName=Text&projectId=12311310&Create=Create

The release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/

Source code distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.7/

Binary distros can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.7/

The build was tagged as apollo-project-1.7

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.7/website/index.html

Please vote to approve this release

[ ] +1 Release Apache Apollo 1.7

As usual, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.7 (Release Candidate 2)

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:05 AM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> [...]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12322515&styleName=Text&projectId=12311310&Create=Create
>
> The release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/
>
> Source code distros can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.7/
>
> Binary distros can be found at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.7/
>
> The build was tagged as apollo-project-1.7
>
> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.7/website/index.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release
>
> [ ] +1 Release Apache Apollo 1.7
>
> As usual, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.7 (Release Candidate 2)

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Monday, February 24, 2014, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12322515&styleName=Text&projectId=12311310&Create=Create
>
> The release candidate has been staged to nexus under:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/
>
> Source code distros can be found at:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/org/apache/activemq/apollo-project/1.7/
>
> Binary distros can be found at:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1001/org/apache/activemq/apache-apollo/1.7/
>
> The build was tagged as apollo-project-1.7
>
> The project website for that version has been staged to:
> http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/versions/1.7/website/index.html
>
> Please vote to approve this release
>
> [ ] +1 Release Apache Apollo 1.7
>
> As usual, the vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Apollo 1.7 (Release Candidate 2)

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
+1

Regards
--